About number four, again.
Okay, in case you haven’t noticed by the subtitle – I’m a Christian.
Now many of you have confused views about what a Christian really believes. After all, we have Catholics, Baptists, Protestants, Lutherans, Seventh Day Adventists and on and on. I don’t hold to any of that, simply because they are segregated by tradition, dogma and plain old pride.
I hold to only one thing. The Holy Bible. Based on the Bible, this is what I believe:
- I believe The Holy Bible is the Word of God our Creator given to us. It is infallible and complete.
- I believe in God the Creator of heaven and earth. There is no other and no, Allah is not the same as the God of the Bible.
- I don’t believe there is any room or scientific evidence for evolution or any other belief that removes God from the picture.
- I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. He died on the cross for my sins and yours and he rose on the third day, appeared to hundreds of witnesses and then departed this earth for heaven. I believe He is coming again.
- I believe this is a fallen world with sinful people who have rejected God.
- I believe there is salvation from this sin in only one name and one person: The Lord Jesus Christ.
- I believe all other religions are man-made (including Islam) and therefore false and a sin against God.
- I believe in the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Each a separate and unique personage in the Godhead and yet one with each other.
- I believe true Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship, encouraged but not forced, by The Lord.
- I believe there is only one way to heaven: Acts 4:12 …for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
Everything I put on this website and everything I write is grounded in these beliefs. Oh, I might mess up and write something inappropriate – but it is not deliberate. I just mess up sometimes. It doesn’t take away from or change what I believe.
You may think I’m crazy and you may call me crazy (or something else for that matter), but that is irrelevant. God has made provision for you to know the truth, in your heart, so that you are without excuse when you stand before Him when you leave this life.
You will either accept this knowledge or reject it, as many have done. That is the choice He has given you.
Just remember one thing. Jesus is the only one who loved you so much that He willingly lay down His life for you. So that you will not spend eternity in full and terrible separation from God.
I pray you will accept this free gift and seek him out.